Yes it’s true, another year is winding down. We are almost into single digits and counting. And for some business owners, the end of the year can’t come fast enough.
But hold on just a minute!
Before you say good-bye to 2011 … here are a few “To Do” list items you should consider to help get the New Year off to a fresh start:
- Stop trying to put 100 lbs. of poop into a 50 lb. bag – it won’t fit! Why do we do this to ourselves every year? We start out with good intentions and a solid plan, but then at some point start shoveling more stuff into the bag until we are overwhelmed. Make a conscious effort in the New Year to put the shovel down when the bag is full.
- Adopt the Dallas Cowboys new credo “Be great everyday”. Hey, you might not be a Cowboys fan, but you have to like head coach Jason Garrett’s approach to fixing what is broken with the Cowboys. Maybe this approach will work for you too? Just commit to being your best every day.
- Apply ‘less equals more’ to everything to sharpen your focus. Directly related to #1 above. Regardless of how many items are on your “To Do” list for 2012, narrow the active list to only those 3 to 5 things that are your highest priorities.
- Choose to be happy and enjoy your life. Joel Osteen said it best “It’s good to set goals and make new plans, but if you are always living in the future, you’re never really enjoying the present.” Take the time to enjoy your life.
- Join a mastermind group – i.e. Business Leaders Forum℠ to help with your journey. Make a concerted effort to connect with other success-minded business owners during 2012 who can help you achieve your personal and professional goals.
Whether this calendar year was good, bad or indifferent based on your final assessment, at the stroke of midnight on December 31, say ‘good-bye’ to 2011 and move ahead.
Hope you and your loved ones have a joyful holiday season. Best of luck for a New Year filled with hope, prosperity and happiness.
Enjoy the journey!
COPYRIGHT © 2010-12 John Carroll