Yes it’s true, another year is almost over. We are now into single digits and counting. And for some business owners, the end of the year can’t come fast enough.
But hold on just a minute!
Before you say good-bye to 2010 here’s a few “To Do” list items you should consider to help get the New Year off to a fresh start …
- Stop trying to put 100 lbs. of poop into a 50 lb. bag – it won’t fit! Why do we do this to ourselves every year? We start out with good intentions and a solid plan, but then at some point we start to shovel more stuff into the bag until we are overwhelmed. Make a conscience effort this next year to put the shovel down when the bag is full.
- Adopt the Dallas Cowboys new credo “Be great everyday”. Hey, you might not be a Cowboys fan, but you have to like Jason Garrett’s (interim head coach) approach to fixing what is broken with the Cowboys. Maybe this approach can work for you too? Just work on being great everyday!
- Apply ‘less equals more’ to everything to sharpen your focus. Directly related to #1 above. Regardless of how many items are on your “To Do” list for 2011, narrow the active list to only those 3-5 things that are your highest priorities.
- Choose to be happy and enjoy your life. Joel Osteen said it best “It’s good to set goals and make new plans, but if you’re always living in the future, you’re never really enjoying the present.”
- Join a mastermind group – i.e. Business Leaders Forum℠ to help with your journey. Make it a point to connect with other success-minded business owners throughout 2011 who can help you achieve your personal and professional goals.
Whether this calendar year was good, bad or indifferent based on your final judgment, at the stroke of midnight on December 31, say ‘good-bye’ to 2010 and move forward.
Hope you and your loved ones enjoy a joyous holiday season. Best of luck for a New Year filled with hope, prosperity and happiness!
COPYRIGHT © 2010-11 John Carroll